We have a multi-step plan we’d like to see implemented:
- Connect all parks and schools with bike lanes or paths;
- Connect all existing and future bike lanes and paths to each other;
- Encourage cities in the high desert to cooperate with each other to ensure bike lanes don’t end at city limits;
- Convert South Outer Hwy 18 to one-way going east, North Outer Hwy 18 to one-way going west, and use this as a central spine through Apple Valley to promote cycling and other forms of exercise;
- Encourage local schools, parks, and businesses to offer bike racks;
- Become recognized as a Bike-Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists; and
- Incorporate our bike system with the U.S. Bicycle Route System.